Open Call For Artists!
This Year's Theme: Celebrating Community!
Participate in our community's most exciting, new public art project!
- Friday, July 13 through Sunday, July 15, at La Fete de Marquette .
- Staged next to Brearly Street entrance of Milton McPike Park (between Williamson Street & E. Main Street).
- Featuring 13 local artists, selected by our 3-person selection committee.
- Artists will paint "in the round": creating unique designs on one of thirteen white-washed, 48-inch table tops.
- Four $250.00 cash prizes will be awarded in four different categories.
Artists will PAINT IT MAGNIFIQUE! on their own white-washed, 48-inch round table top. Artists will submit their design ideas ahead of time; 13 artists will be chosen to PAINT IT MAGNIFIQUE!
OUR ARTIST SELECTION COMMITTEE:
Lynn Lee, local artist; Jolynne Roorda, Visual & Performing Arts Director, Art Lit Lab; Bruce Woods, local artist. This selection committee will choose the 13 designs they feel best represent this year's theme: Celebrating Community.
Four $250.00 cash prizes will be awarded in the following categories (1 prize/category):
- Most Creative
- Most Topical
- Outstanding Artistry
- Crowd Favorite
All Fete guests will have the chance to vote on their favorite PAINT IT MAGNIFIQUE! table top on Saturday & Sunday during the festival.
- Each selected artist will receive a Fete Artist Pass. The pass entitles artists to complementary beer, wine or water Friday—Sunday at Fete.
- Each artist's designs will be showcased on Fete’s website and all tables will be on display throughout the vent.
- Artists will be provided a white-washed table, paint, water, & shaded area.
- Artists bring their own brushes and other necessary supplies.
- Selected artists agree that the Wil-Mar Neighborhood Center becomes the sole owner of the tables and has the right to display and reproduce the design and resulting artwork, including but not limited to print, broadcast, social media, photographs or merchandise.
PAINT IT MAGNIFIQUE! Dates:
- April 15 — June 15: Designs for Consideration are Accepted. Click the link below to submit your design now!
- Friday, June 22: Selected Artists are Notified.
- Thursday, July 12: Artists Invited to Review Workspace, From 5-8 pm.
- Friday, July 13, 4-8 pm & Saturday, July 14, 11 am - 4 -pm: Artists Paint!
- Saturday, July 14 & Sunday, July 15: Community Voting Takes Place: 4-8 pm Saturday & 12-5 pm Sunday.
- Sunday, July 15, 6 pm: Prizes and Awards Ceremony.
- AT THE WILLY STREET FAIR: All PAINT IT MAGNIFIQUE! Tables are on Display and In Use at the Willy Street Fair, Saturday & Sunday, September 15 & 16.